Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My husband is deaf, I'm convinced

An actual conversation that took place about 1 week before my birthday:

Mr K: Do you want one of those e-readers for your birthday?

J: No, it would be cool, but I don’t travel much and plus you have to pay like 10 bucks to download each book, so I think I will just get the old fashioned books from the library….we don’t need to spend money on that. BUT I have been telling you other things that I want for a couple months now.

Mr. K: Like what?


J: Like the pictures I txt you of rings. A bicycle. A new fancy tree for the front yard….stuff like that, I tell you stuff I want all the time.


Mr K: Oh.

So, on my birthday, I take the kids to Oregon for school shopping in which Mr K had the ENTIRE day to himself, at home. Did he run to the store to get me a birthday card? Negative. Did he run to the store for an energy drink and smokes? Check.


So then, about a week AFTER my birthday, he calls me from somewhere and says “ The e-reader I wanted to get you, the store was sold-out”

WHAT????!!!!!!

See? I'm convinced. These types of conversations happen ALL the time!

Do you ladies have the same selective hearing problems with your hubby's?

No comments:

Post a Comment